01 March 2009

Creatures of Habit Should Not Be Addicted to the Internet

Here is something I have discovered. Recently, I have had a lot of free time on my hands. Not normal free time, which would be like 5 minutes in a day. But hours of free time. And guess what I have been doing with that free time. I have been on the Internet. The only horrible part about my free time is that because I am a creature of habit, I have been going to the same 3 sites the entire time: Facebook, YouTube, and Deviantart. This wouldn't be the case if my browser was not Apple Safari. If I were using Internet Explorer or Firefox, I could get on this AMAZING site called StumbleUpon. It is the most amazing thing I have come across on the internet. It basically takes your interests, compiles them into a list, and with the press of a simple button, you are jetted through the web to different sites that may or may not pique your interest. Some sites are funny, some are inspirational, and some are pointless. Either way, you aren't going to the same 3 sites for 4 hours. Granted, in the 4 hours I was on Facebook, YouTube, and Deviantart, I uploaded some pictures and videos, talked to some friends and browsed some of my friends' artwork. But other than that, I have a boring internet existance. This is why I have started this blog. I had one before, but it was boring and I never wrote anything in it because I never really felt the need to. But, I need something else to do with this surplus of free time that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Browse