30 July 2010
I have been sooooooooooo busy these past few days. Actually, that's a bold faced lie. I have been koala-ing(sleeping and doing lazy things) away doing nothing and knitting/crocheting of course. HSKS is coming along nicely. I'd tell you all about it, but there is no telling who all is reading this. So......idk how to let you know.
Going to watch Gilmore Girls now.
27 July 2010
24 July 2010
Oh, hi. Did I just start a rant without warning you? I am so sorry. It won't happen again. I promise.
How has your week been? Mine has been quite boring, honestly. However, I'm going to go watch all the Harry Potter films while I work on some WIPs and hope that Luna sends me an owl soonwith my new pair of Spectra Spects. She sat on them the last time she visited.
Does anyone have any idea as to what I can store all of my needles in? As of now, they are in a bucket. Said bucket tends to fall over a lot.
HP 1, HERE I COME!
23 July 2010
20 July 2010
Got back from Freshman Orientation today. So tired. mmkay, here's my WINGO information....I used to know a girl named Kaitlyn Wingo...just saying.
I worked as a counselor at a YMCA Summer Camp for 3 years. I worked with the Splash Camp kids, which was a swimming camp. We taught lessons and took them to different water parks across the state.
I have been on a train, but i didn't really go anywhere. Travelled through Chattanooga but beginning and end of the trip was the same train station. And of course, I've been on the Hogwarts Express.
My favorite yarn brand is Caron Simply Soft....or Misti Alpaca.
I speak Spanish and a tiny bit of Chines and Japanese.
I have seen every Harry Potter film in theatres at midnight every time :)
Yes, I am a HSKS n00b.....
I only have 1 brother...sorry
I have 31 items in my queue...but i need to add some others
My patronus is a grey wolf. :)
I have a collection of buttons, a collection of bottles, a collection of beanie babies, a collection of books, of course, and a collection of metal tins.
I specifically live in Irondale, Alabama. I don't think anyone knows where that is.
Brownies, chocolate, and Twizzlers are the BEST THINGS EVER!
I own all of the Harry Potter movies.
I play the guitar, piano, and recorder. :) Don't judge! lol
I was born in February and I brought my dog Nikki to camp with me.
*Anything I didn't list, I do not do or cannot answer
19 July 2010
16 July 2010
So, today, I went to the LYS to get more yarn for the shawl I'm making for a swap I'm in. Guess who didn't have the colorway anymore! Sad day. So, I got a smoothie and went to a park to chill with my lil bro. Speaking of which, let me introduce you to Aiden Lovegood!
Isn't he adorable! Okay, not really. He is adorable, however, when he rubs his eyes when he's sleepy....or just did something stupid and got something in them. He may not look like my little bro, but he is. He's my brotha from anotha motha! I'm too white to say that. XD It started to rain while we were at the park. It was a nice alternative to the constant heat we've been getting.
In addition to the other swap I am participating in, so far on the HSKS swap, I have started 2 things for my Spoilee's kit. First, although these don't really qualify to go in the Critter Kit, I've started 2 friendship bracelets, one Gryffindor and one Slytherin. School Unity, right? Second, I've started one of the critters for her kit. Now, if you have seen any Studio Ghibli films, you know that there are 2 creatures that can be found in the forest. 1 is Totoro, the forest troll and the second is the kodama, the tree spirits. I'm really looking forward to finishing each of these and a few other critter-like objects. :D
- Knit vs. crochet Well, I'm just now getting into crochet, but I've been knitting forever. I must admit, however, that crocheting is much easier than knitting. Now, doing either craft by magic is the easiest, it kind of takes the joy out of watching something unfold in my hands.
- Brands you would like to try but don't have easy access to I'm sorta new to this whole yarn business. There are MILLIONS of brands that I didn't know existed. Around this time last year, someone sent me this marvelous yarn from Germany and, well, I can't get anymore because they sold out of that colorway. HOWEVER, I would love some more of that, though I can't remember what it's called. I did a pair of the Insidious socks with it. Any yarn from A Time to Dye or Yarntini or Yummee Yarn or Yberry. I'm just inlove with those brands.
- Favorite fibers/least favorite fibers I haven't really had experience with a lot of fibers. Right now, the shawl I'm making for another swap is a cotton/silk blend. Its soft and I really like it. I might not want to give the shawl away. Usually, the yarns I use are acrylic, like Red Heart and Caron Simply Soft. I've worked with a few wool yarns, but those I've gotten in swaps. I can't really say I have a least favorite. Though, Red Heart is itchy and unpleasant most of the time.
- Favorite colors/least favorite colors I am in love with the colors green, purple, and black (yes, I know black is culmination of all colors :P). However, I cannot stand yellow. Or pink. And for some colors, it all depends on what they are. I hate wearing brown. And the color combination of orange and blue is repulsive. And so is yellow and purple. I am not a football fan, so don't read too much into that. lol
- Yarn weight preferences I absolutely adore working with worsted weight and fingering weight yarns. However, I don't really put much thought into weights. I just go with whatever feels good in my hands and is easy to work with. I have this feeling that I wouldn't like lace weight yarns, but I've never tried them.
- Favorite projects I LOVE socks. And blankets. And plushies. And fingerless gloves.
- Favorite gadgets As far as gadgets go, I'm not entirely sure I have favorites. All I know is that I want a sonic screwdriver. Preferably with David Tennant attached, but not completely necessary. OH! So, to travel the Muggle world, I must use this old car thing and unfortunately, no one can seem to get the radio to work, magically or otherwise. So, I love mixed CDs.
- Favorite designers Designers...as in...clothes? Or pattern designers? I really have no preference. As long as it is pretty, I don't really care. :)
- Salty vs. Sweet CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry, was that a bit loud?
- Tea vs. Coffee It depends. There's this restaurant called Surin, and they serve this Thai tea that is to DIE FOR! Otherwise, give me some coffee. You'll notice the time stamp on this post is quite early in the morning. Well, I woke up and instead of going back to sleep, I made some coffee. :)
- Allergies Unfortunately, I'm allergic to cats. Fortunately, I'm allergic to peanuts. They taste something horrendous and smell just as horrid.
- Other things you like, i.e., buttons, pens, fabric, stitchmarkers, etc. Buttons buttons buttons buttons buttons buttons buttons buttons buttons Spiral Bound Writing Journals buttons buttons Sharpies buttons Postcards
- Currently Craving SMOOTHIES! Seriously, I really want a smoothie. Whenever I say that to someone, they simply respond "You always want a smoothie." It's true. I always want a smoothie.
- Where you might have wish lists Target.com. I have a college list, but my only wishlist is in the sidebar of this blog. :)
- Measurements Um.......well....shoe: 10"; body: 34", 29", 40"; so, that'd be a small shirt, i think.
- Whatever else you'd like to share! I would love to have anything Irish themed. I've come to find out that I'm like 25% Irish. But then again, I'm also part German and Native American. So. yeah....OOOOOOO! Dreamcatchers are always nice. They're so pretty.
15 July 2010
The nargles stole my alarm clock again....well, they stole it on monday. I've been sleeping late all week and it's bugging me.
So, you know that shawl I've been working on? I figured it out! I might have been wearing my Spectra Specks when I started.......so, I took them off and frogged what I had and started over. AND I FIGURED IT OUT! I'm excited. However, I don't know how big it should be before I block it, which is frustrating. Also, I've never blocked before......
Cyd's blanket is coming along nicely. I haven't been changing colors in the dark, thank goodness. But it's getting bigger and more difficult to transport from knitting space to knitting space...
Also, Luna was supposed to bring me the Quibbler a while back. I stopped relying on my owl, Horatio. He's a little directionally challenged. I think he's more related to my lil brother than I am. Speaking of which, Aiden got his acceptance letter to Hogwarts. I really didn't think he would. But he did. And now, I'm going to have to try to keep him out of trouble....
Speaking of which, I think he's somewhere playing with a dragon.....I should go fetch him before he burns his eyebrows off.
12 July 2010
So, why am I up so early? Because I wanted to work out this morning. Guess who didn't! Well, as usual, I got distracted.....by my stash. I've had this Misti Alpaca Pima Cotton & Silk yarn for ages and I was getting frustrated that I didn't have it already on my needle(s). That is, until I turned on my computer, logged onto Ravelry, and found a beautiful Ripple Shawl Pattern. This shawl looked simple enough and the border was gorgeous. I had found my project.
As I began enthusiastically crocheting on this beautiful shawl, I hit 2 snags. 1. I couldn't find the label for the yarn and therefore couldn't catalog it on Ravelry or add it to my projects. That just about irked me as much as the nargles stealing my needles. Problem #2 arose when I realized that the pattern and the pictures were just confusing me. If I go this way, it won't look like the picture! AHHHHHHH! Now, I'm not one to panic....okay, yes I am. If instructions and pictures don't make sense to me, I freak the fuck out! But then, I walk away for a couple of hours. When I return, I'm calm and I can figure it out. Hopefully, that will work this time.
So, I've been listening to the KnitPicks Podcast on iTunes this morning. Inspirational. Also, soothing background noise.
I don't know if this will be the only post for today. So, if you need me, I will be chilling in the Treehouse. Look for the giant pillows. Yes, I have utilized Time Lord technology and made the Treehouse bigger on the inside. It's all good. :)
11 July 2010
Okay, seriously, I wasn't being mischieveous, I promise. But I did go to the park and hang out with my friends all day. Then when to see Despicable Me and I just have one thing to say: "IT'S SO FLUFFY, I'M GONNA DIE!" Agnes is the cutest girl I have ever seen.
Then, we went to Chipotle. I love mexican food. But, everyone was complaining about the spiciness of the food, and I just have to say that I don't get it. I tasted everyone's food (yes, I am a mooch. get over it.) and none of it was spicy. However, SOMEONE might have been overreacting about the spiciness of his food because he was so damn high. I mean, this kid could barely keep his eyes open he was so high. And then, he didn't remember who I was until halfway through our meal, even after I offered him half of my burrito. Sure, a lot of my friends engage in illegal activities, but I've never encountered one of them when they are high because they know how I feel about it and I want nothing to do with it. But, Jesus isn't my friend, so he didn't know. But for some reason, I could not stop laughing at how high he was. It's not like he was doing anything in particular. It was just funny.
After all that eventfulness, I came home and watched Everyone's Fine with my parents. That is one sad movie. You don't even understand. So depressing.
So, I think I'm gonna go to sleep now because I have some knitting/crocheting to do in the morning.
09 July 2010
Either way, I didn't let it ruin my day.....okay, it ruined my day a little bit. But, I ended up having a wonderful time with two of the most wonderful people, albeit most horny people, I know. Water balloons and fireworks make for a good night. Particularly when it ends with 3 besties sitting in a heap being all loving and sweet. I must admit, though, I do not enjoy being licked on the face. Or my hand. Nor do I like raspberries in the middle of my back. That will get you DRAMATIC SLAPPED so hard you really will have eyes in the back of your head.
I love Alex and Cydney. Even though Alex sometimes goes away and is replaced with Aiden and Aiden scares the shit out of me. But, for now, I will go to sleep.
P.S. I just bought 2 new books and a new notebook from Barnes & Noble. I have a problem. Nowhere to put books.
P.S.S Apparently, burning plastic smells like Off.......burning plastic is toxic.
08 July 2010
Hello lovely people!
So, I just joined the Hogwarts Summer Camp! It is awesome. I'm in the Forbidden Forest Treehouse. It's totally bitchin'!
So, as I started again working on Cyd's blanket, I realized that I should never do colorwork late at night. That is only because I cannot tell Blue from Royal. I now have to frog 3 whole rounds of crochet work because the colors don't match and I'm OCD like that. So, admitting temporary defeat because I didn't have the gas or the money to get yarn today, I started working on my 3 other WIPs. Now, the first one, a blanket fashioned from a Harry Potter House Pouch pattern that I liked isn't going so well. To make the pattern work for the blanket, I have to use double-knitting, which I am learning I am not very fond of. Maybe it is because I am an English Knitter and can't properly hold the yarn in my hand. I'm gonna need some help with that. Either I convert to Continental or someone teach me how to hold the yarn differently than I already do. Second WIP is a scarf worked double-stranded. It's really pretty and worked in 2x2 rib, but it's taking so long to progress. The 3rd is a pair of socks with the Insidious pattern. I am in love with that pattern. I swear I will never use another sock pattern again. It was the first pattern I used with cables. I was so proud when I made my first pair. My friends coined them the "Magical Socks." Every time I've done this pattern, I've inadvertently used self striping yarn. :D
But, I guess I should head off to bed now. I have to go to the bank and post office tomorrow.
Guess who has a date tomorrow!!!
Anyway. I am awake at 4 in the morning for no reason at all. I tried to go to sleep at 12 and it didn't work very well. So, being the industrious person I am, I grabbed my needle and continued on Cyd's Auburn Blanket. Now, every time I pick it up, I think to myself, "would I be burned at the stake if I walked on campus with this?" Probably, but hopefully it will be done before I have to head off. Speaking of which, I HAVE A TRUNK. that is all. I am really excited about my trunk. And because I am in an afghan mood (how could I not be?) I think I'm gonna make one to cover it because said trunk is going to double as a coffee table in my dorm room. Idk if my roommate and I will get along. We haven't formally met yet, but she seems nice on facebook. She's sporty. Now, as much as I love soccer and ultimate frisbee, I am not sporty. I'm also not girly or religious. She is. Can you say exact opposites? This shall be interesting.
So, I've just watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and it has occured to me that I need to get working on my Slytherin costume for Deathly Hallows 1 and LeakyCon and Deathly Hallows 2. I am deeply envious of my friend Elliot, whose graduation present was to go to the Wonderful World of Harry Potter. He has his Ravenclaw robes, wand, and broom. I have none. ENVY OUT THE WAZOO!!!!
I really hope this late night/early morning blogging doesn't become a habit. In the mean time, hasta luego, my cohorts. :D
06 July 2010
Well, don't everyone speak up at once! I'm kidding. So halfway into summer and I've only gone swimming once. It sucks. HOWEVER, I have been watching Doctor Who, drinking smoothies, and knitting up a storm. OH! and of course, I've had Futbol Fever! Watching the World Cup and playing soccer/ultimate with my friends every Monday.
You may notice that I am writing this at 5 in the morning. Well, I couldn't sleep so I got out of bed, turned on Doctor Who, got out my yarn and proceeded to indulge and get some work done. Lately, I've been working on a blanket for my best friend Cydney. She's going of to college soon (as am I) and I decided to make her something for her dorm room. While I am headed off to University of Alabama (Roll Tide!), she is headed to our rival school, Auburn U. So, inspite of my strong distaste for the orange and blue color combo (really guys, what were you thinking with that one), I have been slaving away crocheting this blanket. Now, I'm relatively new to crochet, even though my aunt swears by it. So, it figures that my second project is a granny square blanket (my first was a single crochet beanie). So far, it is coming along well. I've made 35% of this thing and the bigger it gets, the longer it takes to finish.
As you can see, it's already quite large. And I've added 3 stripes to that. I'm onto my 2nd skein of each color. I don't know if I'll need more. I hope not. But, it seems to be going fast, so I just might. You can find the pattern here. It's really simple and I absolutely love it. I don't know if i'll make my own in Bama Crimson and White, but it's a good pattern to have on file.
Well, it is officially light outside. I'm going to end this here and see if I can get some sleep before I have to be up in 3 hours.
- Vacation in a Box
- HSKS and Gilmore Girls
- Scavenger Hunt WOOOOOO!
- Can I use the Avada Kedavra curse on a giant grann...
- Hi, I'm.....Bye. Nice to not meet you!
- Orientation Day!
- "Will you swing with me? OOO! The Ice Cream Man!" ...
- Summer Camp Assignment #1
- Sleep......too much....not good...
- New WIP, of course.
- IT'S SOOOOOOOOOO FLUFFY!
- Lovefest yep yep
- WIP it. WIP it good!
- Another Late Night/Early Morning Post
- Long Time, No See, Losers!
- ▼ July (17)