25 March 2009

RAWR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay. I am getting really really pissed off.
REALLY.
I really wonder about the youth of today. Is it that they are selfish and really don't care, or are they repulsed by things that are foreign to them?Maybe, if they took the time to look outside their cookie cutter lives and stop being so damn self centered, they would realize that they are not the center of the universe and that over 50% of the world's population is completely fucked up and needs someone to help them in the best possible way. There are thousands of children being abducted from their homes every day to fight in this stupid war the LRA is declaring against the Ugandan government. Millions of people are being displaced and moved to crowded, unsanitary, death-ridden camps every year because the LRA is destroying their villages and homes. Yet, every one of the teenagers in America are sitting in front of their TV or computer doing nothing because either they don't know or they don't care. That is why I have tried, on several occasions to tell my friends and family about the situation in Uganda and I have tried to inform them of the charity and amazing work The Invisible Children Inc. has done. But they either don't listen, make jokes about it, or they listen and say "Oh, that's sad" and go about their lives. WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!! There is something happening in the world that is seriously effecting every one of our lives and no one cares!!!!!!!! This is seriously pissing me off!!!!!

I realize that I am only talking about 1 humanitarian crisis and I know that there are several situations in the world that are putting everyone's cookie-cutter lives at stake, but Invisible Children is a charity dear to my heart and the crisis in Uganda is a cause that I am willing to put my whole life into. I can't help but be infuriated by the carelessness of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Browse