02 January 2010

Happy New Year Guys and Dolls!

Well, it's the beginning of a new year which means that I am going to start doing what I said I was going to do. If you look at my header, it says "Knitting + Stories + Boys + Music + Random Shit." Well, so far, I've only posted Boys + Music + Random Shit.......where's the Knitting and the Stories?

Here's what's going to go down. Every time I make up a new pattern or knit something I am really proud of, I will post it here. Starting..........NOW!

I just finished a pair of armwarmers based on a pattern I made during Thanksgiving called Seafoam. However, the stripe pattern is different on this pair. On the first pair, I went for a blue stripe pattern. Well, this new pair is a gift for Sera and they are Hufflepuff armwarmers, in black and yellow.

Here's Seafoam in the original stripe pattern:
And here's Seafoam in the Hufflepuff stripe pattern:

I really enjoyed making these. Here's the pattern for all you awesome people who want to make them.

Seafoam
Materials:

  • 1 skein each of Caron Simply Soft in Dark Denim Wash, Grey Heather, Blue Mint, White, and Pine (original) or Black and Sunshine (Hufflepuff)
  • US #6 dpns

Original Stripe Pattern:

4 rnds of Dark Denim, 4 rnds of Grey Heather, 4 rnds of Blue Mint, 4 rnds of White, 4 rnds of Pine


Hufflepuff Stripe Pattern:

4 rnds of Black, 8 rnds of Sunshine

CO 42 sts in chosen stripe pattern. Work 2x2 rib for 16 rnds(in original stripe pattern, every color is used; in Hufflepuff, start and end with a black stripe). Change to St st, cont in est stripe pattern, for 80 rnds, or the length of your forearm (from inside of elbow to wrist). Switch to 2x2 rib. For original stripe pattern, work 4 rnds of Denim, and 3 rnds of the other colors. For Hufflepuff, work 4 rnds of black, 6 rnds of sunshine, and 2 more of black. BO.

Optional: For a thumbhole, after the first 4 rows of the last stripe repetition, Work 11 sts in 2x2 rib, BO 2. Work flat, continuing in stripe pattern, for 6 rows. On next row, work 11 sts in 2x2 rib, CO 2, and work 2x2 rib to the end of rnd. You should be back to working in rounds. Continue stripe pattern as established for end. BO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Browse