11 November 2009

I've learned my lesson, trust me.

Yesterday, I gave my friend Sally the second half of her birthday present because I had promised to give it to her. It just took me a while to get it ready. And to be completely honest, I've never felt so bad about giving someone a gift before. I mean, I know the owl was odd looking. But, the way she accepted them, was a little weird. I just got this weird feeling. Like when she saw the Beatles journal, she was like "the yellow submarine isn't one of my favorites. it was over played." that kinda made me feel bad. I think I kind of regret spending $15 dollars on that gift. The owl, the journal, and the muffins. I don't know if it's just me, but I feel a little underappreciated. I mean, if you don't like a gift, you don't say so when the gift giver is standing right in front of you. I should have gone straight to class instead of following her to her locker to see her reaction. That's my fault. Oh well. I like the whole making people things for gifts. It makes the gifts more personal. Like, I wouldn't just make anyone an owl or a turtle, spend hours of my life making things like that. I would have made her a hippo if I hadn't already started on the owl when she told me her favorite animal was a hippo. That just shows you not to assume things. I'm really bad at that. Also, I'm starting back on her PoA scarf. I have a lot to go. I figure if I do one section a day, I'll be done by the end of the month. That means I have to do a section a day, write 2,ooo words a day for NaNoWriMo, and do my homework. I'm going to be super busy....

PEACE
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Browse