16 July 2010

Summer Camp Assignment #1

  • Knit vs. crochet Well, I'm just now getting into crochet, but I've been knitting forever. I must admit, however, that crocheting is much easier than knitting. Now, doing either craft by magic is the easiest, it kind of takes the joy out of watching something unfold in my hands.
  • Brands you would like to try but don't have easy access to I'm sorta new to this whole yarn business. There are MILLIONS of brands that I didn't know existed. Around this time last year, someone sent me this marvelous yarn from Germany and, well, I can't get anymore because they sold out of that colorway. HOWEVER, I would love some more of that, though I can't remember what it's called. I did a pair of the Insidious socks with it. Any yarn from A Time to Dye or Yarntini or Yummee Yarn or Yberry. I'm just inlove with those brands.
  • Favorite fibers/least favorite fibers I haven't really had experience with a lot of fibers. Right now, the shawl I'm making for another swap is a cotton/silk blend. Its soft and I really like it. I might not want to give the shawl away. Usually, the yarns I use are acrylic, like Red Heart and Caron Simply Soft. I've worked with a few wool yarns, but those I've gotten in swaps. I can't really say I have a least favorite. Though, Red Heart is itchy and unpleasant most of the time.
  • Favorite colors/least favorite colors I am in love with the colors green, purple, and black (yes, I know black is culmination of all colors :P). However, I cannot stand yellow. Or pink. And for some colors, it all depends on what they are. I hate wearing brown. And the color combination of orange and blue is repulsive. And so is yellow and purple. I am not a football fan, so don't read too much into that. lol
  • Yarn weight preferences I absolutely adore working with worsted weight and fingering weight yarns. However, I don't really put much thought into weights. I just go with whatever feels good in my hands and is easy to work with. I have this feeling that I wouldn't like lace weight yarns, but I've never tried them.
  • Favorite projects I LOVE socks. And blankets. And plushies. And fingerless gloves.
  • Favorite gadgets As far as gadgets go, I'm not entirely sure I have favorites. All I know is that I want a sonic screwdriver. Preferably with David Tennant attached, but not completely necessary. OH! So, to travel the Muggle world, I must use this old car thing and unfortunately, no one can seem to get the radio to work, magically or otherwise. So, I love mixed CDs.
  • Favorite designers Designers...as in...clothes? Or pattern designers? I really have no preference. As long as it is pretty, I don't really care. :)
  • Salty vs. Sweet CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry, was that a bit loud?
  • Tea vs. Coffee It depends. There's this restaurant called Surin, and they serve this Thai tea that is to DIE FOR! Otherwise, give me some coffee. You'll notice the time stamp on this post is quite early in the morning. Well, I woke up and instead of going back to sleep, I made some coffee. :)
  • Allergies Unfortunately, I'm allergic to cats. Fortunately, I'm allergic to peanuts. They taste something horrendous and smell just as horrid.
  • Other things you like, i.e., buttons, pens, fabric, stitchmarkers, etc. Buttons buttons buttons buttons buttons buttons buttons buttons buttons Spiral Bound Writing Journals buttons buttons Sharpies buttons Postcards
  • Currently Craving SMOOTHIES! Seriously, I really want a smoothie. Whenever I say that to someone, they simply respond "You always want a smoothie." It's true. I always want a smoothie.
  • Where you might have wish lists Target.com. I have a college list, but my only wishlist is in the sidebar of this blog. :)
  • Measurements Um.......well....shoe: 10"; body: 34", 29", 40"; so, that'd be a small shirt, i think.
  • Whatever else you'd like to share! I would love to have anything Irish themed. I've come to find out that I'm like 25% Irish. But then again, I'm also part German and Native American. So. yeah....OOOOOOO! Dreamcatchers are always nice. They're so pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Browse