06 July 2010

Long Time, No See, Losers!

So, who missed me?

Well, don't everyone speak up at once! I'm kidding. So halfway into summer and I've only gone swimming once. It sucks. HOWEVER, I have been watching Doctor Who, drinking smoothies, and knitting up a storm. OH! and of course, I've had Futbol Fever! Watching the World Cup and playing soccer/ultimate with my friends every Monday.

You may notice that I am writing this at 5 in the morning. Well, I couldn't sleep so I got out of bed, turned on Doctor Who, got out my yarn and proceeded to indulge and get some work done. Lately, I've been working on a blanket for my best friend Cydney. She's going of to college soon (as am I) and I decided to make her something for her dorm room. While I am headed off to University of Alabama (Roll Tide!), she is headed to our rival school, Auburn U. So, inspite of my strong distaste for the orange and blue color combo (really guys, what were you thinking with that one), I have been slaving away crocheting this blanket. Now, I'm relatively new to crochet, even though my aunt swears by it. So, it figures that my second project is a granny square blanket (my first was a single crochet beanie). So far, it is coming along well. I've made 35% of this thing and the bigger it gets, the longer it takes to finish.
As you can see, it's already quite large. And I've added 3 stripes to that. I'm onto my 2nd skein of each color. I don't know if I'll need more. I hope not. But, it seems to be going fast, so I just might. You can find the pattern here. It's really simple and I absolutely love it. I don't know if i'll make my own in Bama Crimson and White, but it's a good pattern to have on file.

Well, it is officially light outside. I'm going to end this here and see if I can get some sleep before I have to be up in 3 hours.

PEACE
LEXI :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Browse